Biomateriais & Terapias celulares
Ref nº 1372
SI IDT | Project funded by QREN
01-05-2008 A 30-04-2012
The aim of the project was to develop in the company Biosckin, S.A., on a sustained basis, internal research and development and innovation management skills, through the creation of a structured unit with characteristics of permanence and dedicated exclusively to industrial research and experimental development activities in the field of Regenerative Medicine and Cell Therapy.
The IDI core is adjusted to the company’s innovation policy in relation to the two intervention areas. The first area performs work on the development of new Biomaterials and the second area in the development of Cell Therapies using stem cells from umbilical cord blood and umbilical cord tissue. In April 2012 the IDI core was certified by NP4457.
- CE certification by the Portuguese notified body (INFARMED) of the proprietary product Bonelike®.
- Licensing by the Ministry of Health, through the Blood and Transplantation Services Authority (ASST), for the collection, transport, processing, isolation, analysis and cryopreservation of stem cells from umbilical cord blood and umbilical cord blood Wharton), complying with all legal and quality requirements applicable to this activity.
- Development of a new umbilical cord cryopreservation (TCU) service as a source of mesenchymal stem cells for use as a coadjuvant to umbilical cord blood transplants.
- Certification of IDI core by NP4457 by TÜV Rheinland Portugal in April 2012.
- Registration and entry into national stages of two international patents.
- Significant strengthening of links to several universities and R&D centers at national and international level, and the establishment of new strategic partnerships with several companies in the sector for the development of new products, as well as the creation of other project applications.
- Increased national and international visibility that has made it possible to Biosckin, internationalizing and establishing partnerships with other companies.